Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stripes and Chevron

I have always wanted to do something bold in my office. I wouldn't say that stripes are bold but what about purple stripes? I found a deep purple that made me nervous but I went for it. 
Starting at the top of the wall, I measured down 12 inches (measure whatever size works for you). Using my yard long level and a pencil I drew a line across the wall where my tape would go. After I marked the wall I tapped off the stripes. Using a paint tip from a friend I painted the edges of the tape with my wall color to prevent bleeding colors. Starting with the purple at the top I applied my first coat of paint and continued down the wall. After painting and letting the second coat dry the tape was ready to come off. I love the way they turned out and it is still my favorite wall in my house. 



I also LOVE my chevron wall. It was a lot of guessing but I finally got it measured out and taped. After it was all taped I noticed that it was not correct. Grrrrr. I wanted both the red and white to be equal in size but placing the tape incorrectly made it so that the red is thinner than the wall color. I still love the way it turned out but next time I will make sure I get it right. 
(I wish I would have wrote down my measurements but I didn't) 



No comments:

Post a Comment