Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Halloween Party...

With Halloween right around the corner, I wanted to share a fun and easy party that I created for my 7 year old's birthday party.  With the help of some "pinspiration" and my Silhouette Cameo, I was able to create this fun and festive party.


I went to Hobby Lobby to find some cute scrapbook paper to use for the invitation and the birthday banner. Then using my Silhouette Cameo I came up with this invitation.



The birthday banner was also made with cute scrapbook paper and my Cameo! 

 


I had a hard time deciding on a cake for her party. I finally decided and convinced the daughter how fun it would be to have a jack 'o lantern cake! I took two bunt pans to make the cake. (You can also see the cake balls I made!) I stacked them, then made a basic buttercream frosting, tinted it orange, and frosted the cake. I then took a green ice cream cone, turned upside down, and put in the center for the stem. I used gel icing to make the face and add some vines to the stem.


I went to Target to find the plates, cups, napkins, and table cloth. While looking around, my 3 year old spotted some "bones" aka a skeleton and convinced me they would be perfect for the party!


 I found this idea and knew I had to use it! I loved the guacamole vomiting pumpkin!


Mummy dogs were also a needed for the spooky party! I cut the hotdogs in half and using pre-made biscuits, wrapped them up and popped them in the oven!

 

The birthday girl still talks about her birthday party. And it has been a year!


{Happy Haunting}

No comments:

Post a Comment