Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Despicable Me Party

This year we celebrated Miss M's party Minion style. She was totally against the idea until I showed her the super cute minions I was making!! Using my Silhouette I create a little minion invitation. I started by making a capsule type shape. Through trial and error I found what I thought looked most like a minion! Then I went to the Silhouette Shape Store to try to find something that would work for arms and hair. I ended up using monster arms and hair! I welded the arms to the body and a minion was born!! Using circles and rectangles I made the eyes, goggles, feet, and over-alls! I also utilized the sketch pens on the Silhouette to sketch the invite!


I decided to make minion cupcakes. I had seen many pins on Pinterest. This is my version! I used a twinkie for the body and cut about 1/4 off one end. Then I used white smarties for the eyes and black gel icing for the eyes, goggles, and mouth. I wanted the birthday girl to have more than a cupcake, so I decorated 2 round cakes to put the minion cupcake on! {By the way...the new Cool Whip frosting is AMAZING!! I colored it and piped it onto the cake and cupcakes!!}





4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Who doesn't love the Minions! The invites are amazing, the cups are awesome and the cupcakes adorable. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get our how did you make the piñata?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piñata was found at Walmart, but I have also seen them at other party supply stores.

      Delete
  3. Good morning, do you still have the information on how to create the Minion invitations. I would love to make them for a upcoming birthday party.

    ReplyDelete