Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grape Juice

Home made, fresh grape juice? Yes please.
 I was able to pick grapes at my friends house for free so my cost was $10.00 for the jars. 
Using this fancy juice steamer I added the grapes to the top pot and water into the bottom pot. The middle pot is where the juice is collected. Steam on the stove for 60 minutes. I filled the grapes a little fuller a few times so I added 15 extra minutes onto the steam time.
Using the hose from the pot I filled the clean jars and immediately closed them and placed them upside down for 20 minutes. The hot juice placed upside down will seal the jar with out the mess and hassle of canning. Awesome.
I'm not sure how long it lasts on the shelf because it doesn't stay on the shelf for very long.
When you drink it you can dilute it with water or drink the juice straight from the jar. We like it straight out of the jar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment