Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hello Kitty Pancake and Pajama Party

 My husband started singing the girls a lullaby from The Big Bang Theory called Soft Kitty. Since then Hello Kitty has been known as "soft kitty" at our house and oh how we love her. It was only fitting to have a Soft Kitty Party for the girls 4th birthday.

I started by creating a Hello Kitty cut out from the Cricut cartridge. I printed out the invitation and cut a second head just smaller then the first. Glued them together and got an adorable party invitation.
The Decorations:
I really loved making the party decor. I once again used the Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge to create the banner. It was simple circles with flower, letter cut outs. I placed white paper behind the flower cut out to make the letters stand out. I put them together with tulle and hung them at an angle for a different look. The paper fans were really fun too. After making the fans I clumped them together and glued with a hot glue gun. I added jewels for a bling look.  
The chandelier was my second favorite decoration. I used pre-made paper lanterns, fans, and tissue paper puff balls from Hobby Lobby and Zurchers. I started with the bigger balls and hung them around the chandelier and then filled in the gaps with the smaller tissue paper balls. Loved it!

My ALL TIME FAVORITE decoration was the photo collage. I am no profession photography so I couldn't get a perfect picture of it but you get the picture. I printed out pictures from the last 4 years and hung them with jute and clothes pins. I added a strand of tissue paper tassels just to break them up and add some color. I'll admit that as I hung the pictures and remembering all the cute moments I cried. My babies are growing so fast.

Of course we had to have Hello Kitty bows.

And pink milk (strawberry) in little mason jars and a cute straw.


 Since it was a pancake and pajama party we had a pancake bar with marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, mini Reese's, powdered sugar, pears, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, home made whipping cream, and syrup. YUM!!!! I used a table that could be lowered to the kids level which worked out perfectly.

 Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so cute. Doing such things makes a party more special and memorable. Even at my son’s birthday I also sang a song from The Big Bang Theory and everyone got impressed when I did it. Even my husband recorded it too. Early that day we celebrated it at one of the best Chicago event venues.

    ReplyDelete