Wednesday, October 2, 2013

YW 10 hour project...

**Apostle cards have been updated with the 3 new Apostles**

I love helping my Young Women accomplish goals in their Personal Progress books. This week for our activity we will be making Conference Journals!! In addition to making the journals the girls are going to commit to watch ALL sessions of General Conference to complete a 10 hour project!! This is one of the easiest ways I have found to complete a 10 hour project, because you are going to watch conference anyway!!


I found these cute notebooks at Wal-Mart! I loved that they were already cute so we didn't have to take the time to make them look better! I made some tags that have pictures and names of the First Presidency and the 12 Apostles. I then taped them to the notebook pages using packing tape so they would be sturdy tags! Using some mad math skills I figured out how many pages each apostle was allotted. I also factored in extra speakers, so there are a few pages at the end of the notebook for those speakers who are not apostles. Here are the apostle tags. Feel free to use {personal use only} to make your own General Conference Journal!! (Click on picture and then save to your computer! To save image to your computer click on picture then right click and choose save to computer (Mac) or click save image as (PC)! 
If you have a Silhouette cutting machine, I have the file and can send it to you. Just leave a comment with your email address and let me know you want the silhouette file!

**Updated Apostle pictures!**




35 comments:

  1. Do you know which value this fits under for a 10 hour project? Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a lot of people are putting it under "Faith", but I have already done my faith project, so I am going to use it for "Knowledge"

      Delete
  2. @kymberlymarley I would guess Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it applying to most of the values, depending on how you focus on that value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning on using it as a Knowledge project for my YW and I'm making some as gifts for my Visiting Teaching sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like most people are putting the project as Faith, but I have already done my Faith project so I used it as Knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have an updated list with pictures of the prophets and apostles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list is as updated as it gets until the General Conference in October when the new apostles will be announced. Hopefully, once that happens I will be able to update the pictures. Thanks

      Delete
  7. What a great idea! Doing this Tuesday for Activity Days. Could you by chance send the actual silhouette file so I can use my silhouette? I have 30 girls and Im not sure I want to cut these out on my own! Thank you. They will love this. My email is kimberleerolfe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you able to update the Apostles for the 3 new ones that were announced?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just for your information, there is a misspelling on Neil L. Anderson's photo.

    Thank you for your hard work so it can be simple for others!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to print a copy of the apostle's pictures/names. I clicked on the image, but it is not coming up in such a way so that I can. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure why you are having trouble. But if you leave me your email address I would be happy to email you the file.
      Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. Can you email me a copy as well? jen2ln2003@yahoo.com Thank you so much

      Delete
  11. could you please send me the updated list. I'm having trouble as well. jeannesfenton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So grateful for crafty people that share their talents with others. So excited to make these journals with my YW! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. could you please send the file as well. I am also having trouble. Thanks so much for the great idea! ebeltoftfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me too please! This is such a great idea! heatherjones2006@yahoo.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could you please share the silhouette file with me? Thx! Kerixley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could you please send me the Silhouette file. Thanks charmitts1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Awesome!!! could i the Silhouette file? Thank you so much!!!! marshabcorbett@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would also like the Silhouette file. I would like to do this project with our Relief Society. mariteresajackson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can some print out 6 copies from their Silhoutte and mail them to me? I am willing to pay for them. I don't have ink or a Silhouette, but love to do this. I only have 6 girls. Thank you to whom ever can help out .
    owlvamp68@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOW AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is perfect for my Beehives! Can I please have the silhouette file? Thanks! meganbfurniss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can you please send me the updated list to jckroxx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I keep trying to send a message to get the copy of the file and for some reason it wont publish it...hoping it works this time. Thanks!

    morkfam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love a copy of the silhouette file! Thank you so much

    mosborne1999@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just want to thank you for sharing this. I did this activity with my YW and had them put the notebook together. I really think this will help them value it more and use it (at lease I hope so)
    Anyway, it's awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look fabulous! Thanks! Could you also please send the Silhouette file to shaunawf@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is there anyway you could update the pictures for me? Would love to do this for YW as well as give them to my VT.
    Thanks Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Is there an updated list since President Nelson? I WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS FOR OUR BEEHIVES!!!! Such a GREAT IDEA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete